1st/2nd/3rd Grade Teacher- iAcademy
Phoenix #1’s newest innovation, The Phoenix #1 iAcademy is an online school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The Phoenix #1 iAcademy Classroom Teacher position is a critical on-site, technology-based role that uses technology to create an innovative and equitable instructional program and online classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth. iAcademy teachers establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom and their families, motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, and establish good relationships with other staff members. A key driver of both the Phoenix #1 Strategic Plan and Equity Plan, classroom teachers play the most important role in Phoenix #1’s mission, and more importantly, the lives and future opportunities in the students they serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides engaging individualized and small group digital instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses effective classroom management techniques to maintain a safe online learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum and instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective and engaging online learning atmosphere.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate virtual learning experiences.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with groups of children in an online environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Valid K-8 Arizona Teaching Certificate
· Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Online/digital teaching experience
· Professional development and training in online/digital teaching and learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Best practices for ensuring student success in an online learning environment
- Key innovations for online learning that drive student success
- Providing individualized and small group instruction in an online environment to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students
- Managing online classroom behaviors in a manner that is conducive to student learning
- Increase academic achievement for students in an online learning environment
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals, including developing strategies for individual education plans.
- Cultural Engagement
- Planning Ahead
- Relationships for Impact
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission of offering all students an excellent and equitable education. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. We also drive forward the goals of ensuring equity and excellence for all students. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 15 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
- We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
- We have a district-wide Equity Commitment, Statement and Plan.
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
- We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
Monday, April 25, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)