Accounting Technician- Exceptional Student Services- 2022/2023 School Year
Salary placement= $18.04 to $19.70 per hour.
The Accounting Technician Provides services essential to the annual financial management of federal/outside funding programs, including Special Education and Student Health and Wellness funding and related grants. This critical position provides all necessary information for financial audits, including developing spreadsheets and analyzing accounts. In addition, this position ensures an equitable distribution of resources using excellent analytical computer communication and teamwork skills as they support student learning across the District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Provides all necessary information for the auditors as related to assigned areas.
- Compiles and maintains written records on outside funding projects and disseminates the information to the appropriate staff members.
- Obtains data from project directors and is familiar with the accounting portion of the guidelines.
- Maintains an accounting knowledge of federal and state projects and prepares regular reports of expenditures.
- Coordinates with outside vendors on staffing and purchasing projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED
· 5+ years of experience in Microsoft applications environment
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years of school district experience
· 5+ years of experience working with Data Management or Finance Software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- USFR requirements to ensure accurate budget coding
- Basic accounting concepts including debits, credits, and journal adjustments.
- Applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Preparing business correspondence, etc.
- presenting information and responding to questions from administration, staff, and the general public.
- Utilizing technology to track funds and purchasing.
- Interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and district personnel.
* Analytical Thinking
* Concern for Order
* Planning Ahead
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms, and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission of offering all students an excellent and equitable education. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. We also drive forward the goals of ensuring equity and excellence for all students. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th-grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 15 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
- We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
- We have a district-wide Equity Commitment, Statement, and Plan.
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
- We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Student Services|
Monday, June 6, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)