ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
This position requires an individual to provide clerical / technical support to the Business manager in the preparation of District’s accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Prepares and posts accounting documents manually or by machine, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts and related operating reports.
- Posts requisitions, receipts, and disbursements information to appropriate ledgers or journals.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations. Maintains vendor records and accurate files for reference of the account activity.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county and state procedures.
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff member(s).
- Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.; prepares summary of balances, cost information, or other reports as requested for supervisor’s use in preparing financial statements.
- May proofread and post operations progress or other reports and make a monthly summary or recaps of such reports as needed.
- Verifies computer printouts reflecting status of accounts.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance (ability to operate a calculator by touch).
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Assists with mail distribution assigned to Business Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping.
- At least one (1) year experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced record keeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to six (6) months’ experience); OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides that required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Visions software program experience.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, maintenance staff and contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses And successfully uses the following skills:
- Knowledge of department organization, methods, standards and practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Can prioritize multiple tasks, work under stress, meet deadlines and take direction.
- Can work with frequent interruptions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with administrators and co-workers.
- Ability to perform general operations, which require the exercise of judgment.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. Such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include continuous viewing of a computer monitor, close focused vision to read handwritten or typed material such as vendor invoices, receipts and purchase orders, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
This position is a grade 11 on the Support Staff salary schedule.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3462