Administrative Secretary II- Business Services
The Administrative Assistant II- Business Services provides administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer and while performing office management activities that ensure a welcoming and efficient Business Services office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately prepare reports from raw data, which include generating charts and graphs on the computer.
- Process mail for the COO, sorting and arranging for immediate attention, appending and attaching relevant materials from files or records.
- Prepare and write routine correspondence dealing with subject matter using discretion and judgment, replying to inquiries presenting or requesting information.
- Maintain files, keep current by entering data, review and examine for errors and correction, in accordance with established practice.
- Maintains appointment schedule for the COO.
- Calculate and compute expenses, receipts and other data for daily and periodic records.
- Maintain time and attendance records for the Business Services Department.
- Responsible for requests for public records and manage an efficient public records filing system to include email archiving and retrieval.
- Maintain filing system for contracts, agreements and leases.
- Serve as a back-up in support of Board Secretary duties.
- Assist COO with project management responsibilities, including preparing presentations on PowerPoint and/or Publisher
- Process purchase requisitions and manage procurement processes, including ordering supplies for Business Services
- Process facilities and maintenance work orders for Emerson Court.
- Process insurance claims for student incidents.
- Assist COO with preparation of agenda items for Governing Board meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Generating business correspondence.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Produce effective written correspondence and reports in a timely manner.
- Prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effectively engage with staff and the public.
- Deals extensively with all levels of District staff and the community.
- Problem Solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family—from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
This position is a grade 12 on the Support Staff Non-exempt Salary Schedule. Placement range is based on relevant experience between $17.23 and $18.98 per hour.
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 22, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3383