Assistant Office Manager- 19/20 SY- Emerson Elementary
This is a full-time position with benefits. This position starts on July 1, 2019.
Performs all duties associated with student attendance, student enrollments/withdrawals, dispatching records, maintaining files, maintaining student database, customer service, and related office duties. Must be disciplined and diligent; good/positive public contact experience, ability to work under pressure (meeting deadlines).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains accurate entry and withdrawal information on student information software and mainframe.
- Maintains accurate accounting of student records.
- Assists with computer data input and research.
- Types letters, memos, forms, lists, etc.
- Keeps administrator and office manager informed.
- Greets visitors, answers telephone, transfers calls to appropriate person, records messages and provides routine information.
- Types letters, reports, purchase orders, forms, lists, and other material from copy, draft and machine recordings.
- Proofreads typed material for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Orders supplies and materials.
- Sorts, alphabetizes, files, and retrieves material from files.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in general clerical work preferred.
- School experience preferred.
- Spanish literacy preferred.
- Computer experience – MS Office preferred.
- Ability to write messages, business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following skills:
- Effective telephone techniques.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform general operations which require the exercise of judgement based upon knowledge gained through experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with school principals, assistant principals, parents, staff, administrators, students and co-workers.
- Skill in operation of computer, typewriter, copy machine, telephone, transcribing machine, adding machine, and phone master.
- Knowledge of school office work procedures, standards and practices and business software application.
- Knowledge of student records, entries and withdrawals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to pass Clerical Exam (score 90).
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Knowledge of office methods, practices, and procedures, and ability to make arithmetical calculations.
- Effective telephone technique.
- Ability to effectively use the computer; working knowledge of business-related software.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties, to include all other employees, and general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Spanish language literacy preferred; basic elements of English/Spanish language usage, and spelling.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 8 on the Support Staff Salary Schedule.
Job Contact Information
Monday, May 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)