The Bus Driver vacancy is full-time with benefits. This position is a grade 11 on the salary schedule with new hire placement between $15.96 and $17.59 per hour.
The Bus Driver/Support Personnel will operate a bus transporting students on daily routes and to special destinations for student instruction and will perform other district duties when not directly involved in student transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Drives bus on regular route and special assignments.
- Checks the bus daily to assure proper systems are functioning.
- Monitors and maintains discipline on the bus at all times.
- Reports any defects or non-operational findings of district vehicles to the supervisor.
- Adheres to all safety rules, regulations, district policies and state laws pertaining to the operation of school buses and district vehicles.
- Move, stock, lift and stack materials, supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the district warehouse physical inventory.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of district sites.
- Assist in Child Nutrition Functions
- Maintains regular attendance at work.
- Keeps bus clean.
- Conducts safety checks of equipment.
- Conducts bus evacuations as required.
- Supervises students while they are being transported.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess or obtain first aid and CPR certification.
- Must pass physical agility test and be able to lift/move up to 125 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret written information related to the job.
- Ability to write basic reports and general correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public (parents).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in operating a school bus.
- Knowledge of rules and established procedures in operation of a school bus.
- Ability to read directions and write reports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A valid Arizona Class B. Drivers License with passenger endorsement.
- A school bus driver Certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety.
- Must meet all of the prescribed qualifications as stated in Article IV of the "Regulations for School Bus Operations" by the Traffic Safety Division of the Arizona Highway Department.
- One (1) year bus-driving experience preferred.
- Maricopa County Food Handler’s Permit encouraged.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is 8 hours per day.
If selected for this postion you must be able to obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)