Salary Range= $15.93 to $17.56 per hour, depending on experience.
This position is primarily responsible for facilitating procurement and all related procedures and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Becomes familiar with all budgets and process purchase requests following the procedures and guidelines that are provided.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Checks each purchase request for correct coding and available funds prior to release for purchase.
- Assures that verbal/written quotes are obtained when necessary.
- Assures that department records are maintained and that purchases are followed up or expedited when required.
- Maintains all files pertaining to the purchasing process.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) years course work and/or experience with purchasing.
- Skill in communicating in verbal and written form.
- Knowledge of Arizona Procurement Code and USFR Purchasing Guidelines.
- Ability to follow and to motivate others to follow standard purchasing procedures and practices.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a harmonious and effective manner.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationships skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. Such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)