Child Nutrition Manager I- Edison Elementary
Salary: $12.68 to $13.94 per hour depending on experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
THIS POSITION IS A GRADE 7 ON THE SUPPORT STAFF NON-EXEMPT SALARY SCHEDULE.
The Child Nutrition Cafeteria Manager supervises the Child Nutrition program and staff at the school site, is responsible for ensuring that all federal/state laws and regulations governing the preparation, storage and dissemination of food are followed, and is also responsible for all fiscal accounting dealing with the Child Nutrition Program for the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by Director of Child Nutrition.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Substitutes at sites as needed.
- Manages Point of Sale system for every meal service and implement offer-versus-serve program to increase student choices..
- Ensure high quality and nutritive value through proper receiving and storage procedures.
- Communicate effectively with Director, Principal, employees, other staff, parents, students and vendors.
- Work directly with Central Kitchen Production Manager to order food and supplies and coordinate monthly perpetual inventory.
- Use forecasting as a management tool to support budget decisions and operate within established guidelines to provide a cost-effective program of high integrity.
- Practice basic principles of food service sanitation that provides an environment that protects children’s health against food-borne illness.
- Complete daily production records as required by federal regulations.
- Coordinate the after school snack program.
- Work within organizational framework to complete goals.
- Implement offer-versus-serve program to increase student choices.
- Maintain accurate records in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Comply with local, state and federal laws and health code requirements for food service establishments.
- Complete and maintain manager reports and daily food production records as required by federal regulations.
- Assign duties to staff daily and create an atmosphere conducive to employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Organize serving line for optimum efficiency.
- Utilize resources available for program promotion to students and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Maricopa County Food Handler’s permit.
- Must have Serve Safe Certification.
- Must have 2-3 years experience in food service.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Additional training in nutrition education and supervision preferred.
- Working knowledge of the procedures, portion control, methods and process of food preparation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Able to operate computer and Point of Sale System.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions precisely and accurately and have the ability to learn district procedures in handling equipment, materials and supplies and work well with others.
- Must have experience preparing (cooking, baking) food for large numbers of people.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Must be able to follow general bookkeeping procedures established by the Child Nutrition Department to meet federal/state guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate with others in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Governing Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working-relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Michelle Burkhart or Janay Watts|
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)