Child Nutrition Manager I- Lowell Elementary- 2022/2023 School Year
Salary: $15.36 to $16.92 per hour depending on experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits- 8 hours per day.
THIS POSITION IS A GRADE 10 ON THE SUPPORT STAFF NON-EXEMPT SALARY SCHEDULE.
Learn more about our generous benefit plans to support a healthy work/life balance at: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
Students cannot learn if they are hungry, so it is important to make sure that all students are fed nutritious and delicious breakfasts and lunches. The Child Nutrition Cafeteria Manager supervises the Child Nutrition program and staff at a school and is responsible for ensuring that all federal/state laws and regulations governing the preparation, storage and dissemination of food are followed. This important position is also responsible for all fiscal accounting within the Child Nutrition Program for the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all cafeteria and kitchen functions, including point-of-sale systems, food distribution tracking, receiving and storing food and supplies, preparing high quality and nutritious meals, conducting inventory, and working with Central Kitchen Manager and Nutritionist to follow meal patterns and order food and supplies.
- Supervise, support and evaluate Child Nutrition Workers in order to create an atmosphere conducive to employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Uses quality food production techniques to produce appealing and nutritious foods, and ensures quality food is produced each day at schools.
- Ensures safety of all students and staff by following the department’s food safety plan, conducting safety procedures, and complying with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all students and staff at all times, and communicate effectively with a variety of partners, including the School Principal and vendors.
- Use forecasting as a management tool to support budget decisions and operate within established guidelines to provide a cost-effective program of high integrity.
- Complete and maintain manager reports and daily food production records as required by federal regulations.
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours of professional standards training per USDA requirements for schools participating in the NSLP.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by Director of Child Nutrition.
- Correctly and efficiently process school meal applications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid Maricopa County Food Handler’s Permit
· Valid ServSafe Manager Certificate Required
· More than two years’ experience in food service
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Additional training in nutrition education and adult supervision
· Working knowledge of the procedures, portion control, methods and process of food preparation
· Proficient in communicating in English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Department organization, methods, standards and practices.
- Federal and state laws and regulations governing the preparation, storage and dissemination of food.
- Preparing (cooking, baking) food for large numbers of people.
- Interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Operate computer and Point of Sale System.
- Work cooperatively with staff.
- Follow general bookkeeping procedures established by the Child Nutrition
- Meet federal/state nutrition guidelines.
- Communicate with others in a clear and concise manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Our 15 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
This position is eligible for benefits. Learn more about our plans here: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
Job Contact Information
|Name||Michelle Burkhart or Janay Watts|
Monday, March 1, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)