Child Nutrition Worker I Hourly (Part-time)- District Wide- 2022/2023 School Year
This position is a grade 2 on the Support Staff non-exempt salary schedule. The salary is $12.80 per hour.
This is a part-time position and is not eligible for health benefits.
Students cannot learn if they are hungry, so it is important to make sure that all students are fed nutritious and delicious breakfasts and lunches. The Child Nutrition Worker I performs a variety of duties in the cafeteria to make sure students are well-fed and to keep the kitchen running effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and serve meals for students, including preparing food, operating serving lines, operating point-of-sale, and complying with all local, state and federal laws and guidelines when operating meal service.
- Provide high quality customer service, supervision of student safety, and welcoming and positive interactions with all students and staff at all times.
- Maintain an orderly, safe and clean kitchen and cafeteria at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Valid Maricopa County Food Handler’s Permit
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Working knowledge of the procedures, portion control, methods and process of food preparation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Department organization, methods, standards and practices.
- Federal and state laws and regulations governing the preparation, storage and dissemination of food.
- Preparing (cooking, baking) food for large numbers of people.
- Interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Operate computer and Point of Sale System.
- Work cooperatively with staff.
- Follow general bookkeeping procedures established by the Child Nutrition
- Meet federal/state nutrition guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
This a part-time position.
This position does not require a DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, but does require you be fingerprinted as a condition of employment.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Janay Watts or Michelle Burkhart|
Wednesday, May 11, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)