Child Nutrition Worker I Hourly
This is a part-time position and is not eligible for health benefits.
This position will require the individual to perform a variety of duties in different areas of the cafeteria. The job is flexible and subject to area rotation. The individual must be capable of learning how to order food and run reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Assists in the preparation of food and set-up of serving lines
- Takes and records temperature on HACCP forms before serving food items.
- Serves on the lunch or breakfast lines
- Cleans tables in dining area as assigned.
- Keeps walk-in and reaching coolers, and storage areas clean and in order.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with large groups of children in the cafeteria.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations
- Helps maintain oven, stoves, refrigerators, mixers, steamers and other equipment in clean and sanitary condition, assists in washing dishes, pots, pans and other utensils.
- Operates POS system as assigned
- Performs all other related duties that may be assigned by the Cafeteria Manager or person in charge.
- Performs basic computer data entry of meal reports and production records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must have Maricopa County Food Handler’s Permit.
Ability to read and interpret written information related to the cafeteria, as provided by the Cafeteria Manager or Director of Child Nutrition.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
This a part-time position.
This position does not require a DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, but does require you be fingerprinted as a condition of employment.
Job Contact Information
Sunday, July 1, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)