Computer Technician I
This individual will install and troubleshoot hardware/software at school sites and District offices. Will work with Network Technicians, install, configure, troubleshoot and repair desktop/laptop computer hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and repair desktop/laptop hardware and software.
- Provide daily desktop support to all schools.
- Installation of workstations, laptops/chromebooks, tablets, and printers.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Assists with the design, documentation, and implementation of new networks and modifications to existing networks.
- Assists network technician with server, router and switch maintenance.
- Responds to Help Desk Requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist network technician with wireless troubleshooting
- Assist in installing uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A+ Certification desired.
- Experience with PC upgrades.
- Working knowledge of Altiris/VNC and Windows 2008 Server.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Working experience with Windows 7/8/10.
- 2 - 3 years experience working with computer hardware.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Governing Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This postion is a grade 12 on the Support Staff Non-exempt salary schedule: placement range= $17.23 to 18.98 per hour. This is a full-time postion with benefits.
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 11, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)