Crossing Guard- Emerson Elementary
The Crossing Guard position is a part-time position and is not eligible for health benefits.
This position is a grade 1 on the Support Staff non-exempt salary schedule with new hire placement at $14.00 per hour.
The Crossing Guard controls traffic at crossing points for children in pedestrian lanes; assists and protects children while they cross the street, playground and other duties as assigned. Able to supervise children in the cafeteria and/or on the playground. Must participate in training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Using STOP sign, stops traffic and escorts or supervises children crossing streets at intersections.
- Maintains surveillance of children walking or playing near street and warns them when necessary.
- Reports accidents or unusual traffic incidents to school authorities or police.
- Assists children who are lost, injured or in need of assistance.
- Supervises children as they cross at intersections.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- One year of experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following skills:
- Ability to relate to children and communicate well with staff members, teachers, and parents.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relations skills as applied to contacts with parents and district staff.
- Is self-directed, and works without direct supervision.
- Skill in interpersonal relations as applied to contacts with children and motorists.
- Knowledge of traffic rules and safety regulations pertaining to school crossing.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.,
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Part-time, 10 month position- split shift
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)