Custodian- Part-time Substitute
SUB POOL- We are currently accepting applications for our sub pool should future need arise.
Salary Range: $12.00 to $13.14 per hour, depending on experience.
This Substitute Custodian is a part-time position. This position is not eligible for health benefits.
The Custodian keeps the district buildings in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program. The Custodian performs assigned custodial duties and repairs and receives supervision from the Building Administrator and the Head/ Lead Custodian.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Cleans and preserves designated spaces, equipment, etc. in the building.
- Cleans classrooms, offices, libraries, restrooms and common areas including but not necessarily limited to chalkboards, dusting, emptying trash receptacles, vacuuming and washing windows.
- Scrubs, mops, disinfects, and polishes hard-surfaced floors in restrooms, cafeteria, hallways, classrooms, etc., as required.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs.
- Immediately reports any vandalism or other damage to school property to his/her superior.
- Assumes responsibility for the security of the building - all doors and windows locked and lights turned off as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment and informs the Lead Custodian of needs in advance so as not to hinder the continued performance of building custodial duties.
- Complies with District Policies.
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical, painting, and minor repairs in buildings.
- Moves furniture and equipment and assists in special events presentations.
- Corrects minor safety hazards when observed and/or immediately refers major safety hazards to Lead Custodian and/or Principal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Minimum of one-year successful prior experience in custodial work for full time placement. Experience may be waived for part-time/substitute work.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses And successfully uses the following skills:
- Ability to pass a written and physical test.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working-relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Passage of Custodian Exam at required level of proficiency.
- Ability to read and comply with labels and OSHA safety warnings on cleaning agents and hazardous materials.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity related to custodial duties.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision - be an effective, self-starter.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and oral directions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 6 on the salary schedule.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Haz. Mat./Custodial Superivsor|
Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)