Director of Plant Services
We are currently accepting applications through 8:00 am on August 10, 2020.
The Director of Plant Services/Transportation/Warehouse is responsible for all student transportation and vehicle maintenance, warehousing, facilities maintenance, renovation, and construction activities for all district properties; and overall supervision of all assigned custodial staff. This includes: planning, budgeting, and supervising the development of plans and specifications for work to be done by both contractors and District Plant Services staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and provide safe, functional, and comfortable facilities to promote and support the educational process.
- Facilitate bus routing and student transportation.
- Direct vehicle fleet maintenance.
- Plan and direct a comprehensive facilities maintenance program.
- Make recommendations that will provide for structurally safe buildings, grounds, equipment and systems.
- Select and purchase supplies and materials. Coordinate purchase of assigned District capital outlay acquisitions.
- Work as needed with architects, engineers, and construction companies in maintenance, building expansion, renovation, and new construction.
- Act as consultant when principals need changes in school plant or facilities.
- Serve as a resource to schools regarding staffing, selection, performance and standards for custodial staff.
- Assist the Chief Operations Officer in the preparation of the budget as it pertains to maintenance, construction, remodeling, planning, and transportation services.
- Prepare multi-year maintenance plans and associated budgets for all District facilities.
- Serve as Liaison with the State, County and City officials regarding District facilities.
- Responsible for all District Fire and Security Systems, Asbestos Management, and Energy Conservation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma/GED required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of construction, building maintenance, transportation, and custodial operations.
· Knowledge of current construction codes
· Knowledge of OSHA and other applicable compliance requirements
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
· Knowledge of School Procurement laws
· Knowledge of DPS Regulations and Requirements for Student Transport and CDL
· 10 years of experience in fields related to construction/inspection of trades.
· 5 years of experience in public works
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Methods, principles, and practices of engineering and architecture.
- Design and construction of educational and commercial building projects and reading blueprints and schematics.
- State and Municipal codes and ordinances.
- Building maintenance, custodial and warehouse operations.
- Requirements of maintaining school buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Transportation and AZDOT/DPS regulations and requirements.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Bid preparation, project supervision, and contract administration.
- Strong organization, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- All aspects of maintaining school facilities and construction including supervision and direction in planning and developing and electronic work order systems.
- All aspects of student transportation and vehicle maintenance.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and data.
- Interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, community, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Analytical Thinking
- Project Management
Job Contact Information
Friday, July 24, 2020 12:00 AM -
Monday, August 10, 2020 8:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)