English Language Learner Interventionist- Capitol Elementary- 2022/2023 School Year
Placement= $41,760.00 to $60,501.00 for the 22/23 SY.
Learn more about our generous benefit plans to support a healthy work/life balance at: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
The ELL Interventionist is a Highly Qualified teacher that works specifically with English Language Learner (ELL) students in grades K-8, providing intensive intervention in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking. The focus of the ELL Interventionist is to provide supplemental instruction to ELL students so that ELL students increase language proficiency levels. The goal of the ELL Interventionist is to ensure that the students are able to master and meet state proficiency levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead English Language Learners to increased demonstration of English proficiency, using knowledge and expertise in English Language Proficiency (ELP) standards, Structured English Immersion (SEI) models, systematic reading instruction, and using assessment data to guide instruction.
- Plan collaboratively with staff at all grade levels to effectively implement SEI strategies, utilize supplementary materials, and effectively implement intervention programs.
- Design effective intervention lessons, progress monitoring, and training for staff as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
· Valid and current SEI, BLE, or ESL Endorsement
· Two years’ experience teaching
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s Degree
· At least three years of experience teaching in ELL environments
· Proven track record of instruction ELL in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
· Experience and training in administering assessments, analyzing data to drive instruction, and supporting individual teachers and school teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Arizona K-8 English Language Proficiency Standards and Arizona College and Career Readiness Standards
- Important assessments and instructional systems aligned to developing English proficiency
- Using assessment data to make instructional decisions and drive instructional support
- Effectively using SEI models, language acquisition strategies, and systemic instructional programs to increase proficiency
- Increase English proficiency in ELL students through rigorous instruction, curriculum, and assessment
- Effectively collaborate with individual teachers and school teams to increase English proficiency for all learners
* Planning Ahead
* Analytical Thinking
* Serving Others
* Relationships for Impact
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
For more information about our district and benefits please visit our website at www.phxschools.org.
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 16, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)