Learn more about our generous benefit plans to support a healthy work/life balance at: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
One of the goals of Phoenix #1’s Strategic Plan for 2025 is to ensure that student enrollment is at capacity in effective and attractive Signature and Neighborhood Schools accessible to all. The Enrollment Specialist plays a critical role in achieving this goal by assisting families in selecting the right school for their child and supporting them through the enrollment process. The Enrollment Specialist is passionate about our district, our schools, and our community and provides families with first-class service. In addition, the Enrollment Specialist focuses on ensuring student data is accurate and organized, and works closely with others to create and monitor procedures to ensure a smooth, efficient enrollment process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-person, via phone, or electronically serves as a family’s first contact with Phoenix #1, offering best-in-class customer service that sets the tone for the entire K-8 educational lifecycle for their children.
- Works directly with families to ensure accurate completion of the enrollment process and receipt of all required documentation.
- Serves as enrollment lead, guiding the Enrollment Clerk(s) and other staff assigned to assist with the student enrollment process.
- Leads and supports School Office Managers by assisting school office staff with challenges, guiding the team on projects, developing procedures to ensure accurate data, and providing training.
- Attends regular office staff and MIS staff meetings to present information and provide guidance and attends SIS vendor meetings to report on software issues.
- Serves on the MIS team as well as district’s Data Governance team as needed, providing guidance on Student Information Systems including maintaining relationships with vendors and supporting software issues.
- Maintains enrollment systems and processes, including monitoring effectiveness, collaborating with MIS team and schools, utilizing enrollment software, inputting data accurately and efficiently, serving as a data setward, and assisting the Enrollment Clerk with records request.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED
· 3+ years of experience in Microsoft applications environment
· 3+ years of experience in data entry, auditing and analysis
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
· 3+ years of school district experience
· 3+ years of experience working with Student Information
· Bilingual (Spanish)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The enrollment process to be able to answer any questions a parent has about enrolling their student.
- District schools and programs, in order to assist parents in determining the best fit for their child.
- Providing welcoming and effective customer service
- Data entry, data auditing, and data manipulation through the district’s student information system and Microsoft Excel
- Analyze data, find data discrepancies, and understand how to resolve data issues
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Order
- Planning Ahead
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family—from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
- We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
- We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
This position is a grade 15 on the non-exempt support staff salary schedule. The hiring range is $20.12 to $22.15, depending on experience.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of MIS|
Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)