Exceptional Student Services Records Clerk
Salary Placement- $14.69 to $15.98 per hour (grade 7)
This position involves performing a variety of clerical tasks, involving typing, filing and related office duties, and other work as required and directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Assists the Records Clerk.
- Copy and mail Student Records.
- Types letters, reports, forms, lists, and other material from copy, draft and machine recordings.
- Proofreads typed material for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Orders supplies and materials.
- Sorts, alphabetizes, files, and retrieves material from files.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Greets visitors, answers telephone, transfers calls to appropriate person, records messages and provides routine information.
- Assists with data input and research.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience in general clerical work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to pass Clerical Exam (grade 90).
- Ability to type at a speed of 45 wpm from clear copy.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Knowledge of office methods, practices, and procedures, and ability to make arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to effectively use the computer; working knowledge of business-related software.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties, to include all other employees, and general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- People and telephone skills a must.
- Spanish language literacy; basic elements of English/Spanish language usage, and spelling.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 23, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)