Family and Community Engagement Specialist- Grant Funded, Interim Position 21/22 SY
This is a grant funded, interim position.
Meeting our mission to inspire every child to achieve is dependent on the relationships between families, schools and the broader community. Ensuring equitable opportunity and access for all students, the Family and Community Engagement Specialist engages families as active partners to increase student achievement and reaching school goals. In collaboration with families, staff, and community members, the Family and Community Engagement Specialist develops, organizes, improves, and supports family engagement activities and events while coordinating the school-wide volunteer program. A champion of equity and academic excellence, the Family and Community Engagement Specialist also serves as a liaison between schools, families and the community with a focus on marketing the school, encouraging enrollment and retention, and raising the academic achievement of the entire school community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, implements and evaluates trainings and workshops to help parents and families participate more effectively in improving their children’s learning.
- Assists in coordination of all Title I and site-based parental involvement activities.
- Serves as outreach liaison between school, families, community and District, which may include home visits.
- Collaborates with teachers, coaches, interventionists, and other staff to provide parent and family education and training relevant to student learning, academic goals, and social and emotional development.
- Confers effectively with appropriate school personnel, parents, and community agencies.
- Prepares all resources and materials for parent and family meetings and workshops including, but not limited to, flyers, agendas, transportation, childcare, and refreshments.
- Coordinates and facilitates school volunteer program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience in facilitating parent and family involvement in schools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- School, district, and community resources that support academic, social and emotional student growth.
- Best practices in stimulating and increasing parental and familial involvement in schools.
- Presenting information to diverse groups in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Representing and serving as a good steward of the school community in a manner that encourages enrollment and participation.
- Facilitate and lead parent meetings or activities.
- At times, work evenings and weekends for activities or events hosted by the school.
- Relationships for Impact
- Valuing Diversity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family—from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip
- We are educating the future leaders of
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation
- We have University partners that offer discounted
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
Friday, June 25, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)