Health and Wellness Coordinator
Salary placement range= $74,746.00 to $102,109.00.
Ensuring student success begins with establishing a healthy and supportive school environment. Health services staff play a critical role in not only developing a deep understanding of the health and well-being of students in Phoenix #1, but also collaborating with educators, families, and others in ensuring all students have access to the medical and other health supports that will ensure access to the learning environment. The Health and Wellness Coordinator provides leadership and coordination of the District’s Health Services Programs in partnership with schools and the Director of Exceptional Student Services. This critical role secures access to excellent school health services at each of our community’s schools and developing a supportive, healthy environment for students and educators alike.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, manage, monitor, and support health services staff across the District, including developing, supporting, and evaluating a team of health aides, nurses, and interns.
- Coordinate the organization and operation of programs in school health services, in collaboration with administrators, school health staff, school and district staff, local agencies, families and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate development and implementation of health screening systems (vision, hearing, etc.) including determining screening instrument needs, maintaining an adequate supply of instruments and materials, maintaining records from screening activities, and accounting for location of activities and resources.
- Provide training, support, consultation, and guidance to school heath staff in individual health needs of students, administering and interpreting results from a variety of health screening instruments, and ensuring the overall effectiveness of school health staff.
- Participate in the District Health and Wellness Committee, and Safety Committee ensuring the committee and all school health and wellness processes comply with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective information systems pertaining to student health records, Medicaid billing, Homebound services, budgeting, communication, training, and other data required for completing annual reports in compliance with federal and local laws and regulations.
- Develop and assess District Health and Wellness procedures and resources.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Arizona RN license, or comparable license from another state that can be reciprocated to Arizona
· Experience working in pediatrics or with children ages 3 to 15.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Two or more years of school district and school nursing experience
· Experience supervising or overseeing the work of school nurses
· Master’s Degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Research, regulations, and best practices in school health services, including knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, child development and medical needs, and nursing and/or school health office procedures.
- Procedures, laws, and regulations in school health screening and evaluation, student-specific health procedures, and medication distribution.
- Effective leadership and management of people, teams, systems, and projects.
- Strategic planning, fostering collaboration, and developing communication and operation systems among multiple teams.
- Ensure compliance, model excellence, and reach strong outcomes in all aspects of the school health program, especially with regards to ensuring success for all students.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders to inspire purpose and work towards a common goal.
* Analytical Thinking
* Concern for Order
* Planning Ahead
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission of offering all students an excellent and equitable education. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family-from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. We also drive forward the goals of ensuring equity and excellence for all students. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th-grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 15 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
- We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
- We have a district-wide Equity Commitment, Statement, and Plan.
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
- We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Learn more about our First Class Benefits here: https://www.phxschools.org/benefits
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)