HVAC Technician- General Maintenance III
Salary Placement= $18.32 to $20.13 per hour (grade 13).
We offer generous paid time off and medical and dental benefits at no cost to the employee for employee-only coverage. Please visit our website or contact Human Resources for more information about our great benefits and our district.
The General Maintenance III/ HVAC Technician performs skilled refrigeration and heating duties in the maintenance of buildings and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Installs, repairs and maintains a wide variety of refrigeration systems and equipment varying between one and sixty tons in size.
- Repairs and maintains hot water and forced air heating systems.
- Repairs walk-in boxes, frozen food boxes.
- Repairs air-cooled, water-cooled, chilled water units, HVAC and evaporative coolers.
- Reads blue prints and electrical circuit diagrams.
- Tests all types of refrigeration and heating devices.
- Estimates cost of materials and labor in relation to jobs.
- Repairs and maintains fresh air and exhaust systems.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as diagnostic tools, laptops, hand and power tools.
- Able to work with low and high voltage.
- Able to weld, braze and fabricate.
- Ability to monitor/maintain energy management system.
- Able to remove/repair and maintain pumps and motors.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of refrigeration apprenticeship, education or experience in air conditioning work.
- Experience with chilled water systems, cooling towers, water treatment, boilers and fan coil systems.
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following skills:
- Must be certified in proper refrigerant practices.
- Must be capable and willing to obtain, or have, City of Phoenix Journeyman’s Registration.
- Skill in refrigeration installation, maintenance and repair, at journeyman level.
- Knowledge of refrigeration tasks and test equipment.
All refrigeration and energy management related systems..
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This is a full-time, 12 month, position.
Job Contact Information
|Title||M & O Coordinator|
Monday, September 13, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)