Instructional Assistant- Edison Elementary
Salary placement range= $16.66 to $20.56 per hour, depending on level of education and experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Instructional Assistant assists the teachers in a variety of ways to implement the instructional program, including working directly with children in small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Assists teacher as needed with planning, preparation, and distribution of classroom materials.
- Conducts learning games with students according to established procedures.
- Supervision and instruction of children; copying, cutting, coloring, etc., to construct materials and bulletin boards.
- Maintains regular attendance and complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Provides individualized and small-group instruction to reinforce skills that have been taught by the teacher.
- Serves snacks and lunches as necessary.
- Attends workshops as directed.
Supervises children in the classroom.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent of two (2) years’ college education (60 Semester Hours) or passing test results from the ParaPro or WorkKeys assessment is required.
- Prefer prior experience working with children.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following skills:
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of students to support academics and behavior management.
- Must have patience working with children.
- Ability to learn new skills, flexibility, and willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions and complete assignments given.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and staff members.
- Is self-directed, and works without direct supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Please note that the following items will be required at the time of hire:
-Proof of an MMR vaccination if born after 1/1/1957
-A current negative TB skin test
-Proof of your pertussis vaccination
-Proof of a high school diploma or GED
-Official college Transcripts showing the award of your degree or a minimum of 60 college credits (only grade C and higher and 100 or higher coursework will be counted) or proof of passing the ParaPro or WorkKeys assessment.
-An AZ DPS issued Level One IVP Fingerprint Clerance Card.
All Preschool positions require a valid Arizona DPS Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to your start date. The cost for this card is $67.00. To apply online for an IVP card please visit: https://psp.azdps.gov/services/fccFormTriage
This position is eligible for benefits. Learn more about our plans here: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
Job Contact Information
Friday, August 4, 2023 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)