Kinder/1st Grade Teacher- Whittier Elementary- 2022/2023 School Year
Spanish bilingual preferred.
Teachers joining Phoenix Elementary School District #1 can expect a warm welcome along with the tools and dependable resources that enable you to do what you do best, teach. Whether that is a teaching conference, District-wide or site-based training, or professional development programs - we work together to make sure you are prepared for success.
Whether you are just starting your teaching career or have been in the classroom for many years, Phoenix #1 is the place to be. As an opportunity district, we believe that success in the classroom starts with our teachers realizing their full potential and being a true partner in our students' success. Join our district today and start impacting a child's life tomorrow.
POSITION SUMMARY: To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
· Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
· Maintains regular attendance.
· Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
· Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
· Teaches district-approved curriculum.
· Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
· Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
· Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
· Models lessons for students.
· Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
· Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
· Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
· Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
· Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
· Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
Supervises classroom employees, students, and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid K-8 Arizona Teaching Certificate.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with student, peers, and parents; skill in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being, or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Learn more about our generous benefit plans to support a healthy work/life balance at: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
Salary placement between $40,260.00 and $58,640.00, is based on level of education, and years of contracted teaching experience.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, April 21, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)