Lead Custodian- Lowell Elementary
The Lead Custodian keeps the school buildings in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program. The Lead Custodian performs assigned custodial duties, repairs and receives supervision from the Building Administrator. The Lead Custodian monitors the custodial staff.
IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OVERALL CONDITION OF THE SCHOOL PLANT INCLUDING:
- Maintenance tasks, cleaning, furniture moving, inspections, safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Supervises full time and part time custodial staff.
- Evaluates staff with school Administrator.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Responsible for activation or de-activation of alarm system for campus security.
Performs maintenance tasks including but not limited to:
- HVAC filter changes interior of building only as needed
- Inspection of playground equipment
- Routine inspections of campus for safety concerns
- Replacement of paper towel dispensers
- Replacement of soap dispensers
- Unplug toilets
- Replace lamps
- Replace ceiling tile
- Performs cleaning tasks including but not limited to:
- Daily cleaning of campus
- Restroom cleaning
- Restocking of restroom
- Carpet cleaning
- Hard floor care
- Furniture cleaning
- Daily campus policing.
- Determines/Orders and stocks materials and equipment needed to fill routine needs of the campus.
- Reports needed work orders for repairs to office staff for input in Work Order System.
- Follows up on completion of work orders.
- Knowledgeable in the safe usage of various tools to perform routine maintenance/cleaning tasks.
- Knowledgeable in the safe use and storage of chemicals.
- Monitors school custodian(s).
- Staff supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years experience in successfully maintaining /cleaning of a school campus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to communicate with District maintenance staff regarding special tasks on campus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies
- Passage of Custodian Exam at required level of proficiency
- Ability to read and comply with labels and OSHA safety warnings on cleaning agents and hazardous materials
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity related to custodial duties
- Ability to work under minimal supervision – be an effective, self –starter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand-strength to grasp tool sand climbs onto ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 pounds such as salt and bulk furniture. The employee will push/pull items such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee works with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a grade 7 on the Support Staff non-exempt salary schedule.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, December 16, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)