Maintenance Helper I
Salary placement (Grade 9)= $17.24 to $18.72, depending on experience. Full-time with medical and dental benefits.
The General Maintenance Helper provides general assistance to skilled craft workers and other employees in the completion of a variety of tasks (plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.). In addition, the General Maintenance Helper will supplement the labor force in a variety of ways from serving in general labor work to acting as substitute unit worker.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Performs general maintenance, installation, repair, and service.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections at various sites.
- Changes roof filters at various sites.
- Drives large trucks with trailers and equipment.
- Assists skilled craft workers in the performance of duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, AC, grounds, etc.
- Effectively works with a variety of hand-power tools.
- Assists other maintenance staff to complete assignments.
- Works in indoor, attic, basement and outdoor areas.
- Completes Work Orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with District policies and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Arizona commercial driver’s license (CDL) with air brake and combination vehicle endorsement.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses And successfully uses the following skills:
- Ability to pass a district written test.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in general maintenance and repair.
- Follows District/Department operating policies.
- Ability to use tools and equipment that are used in the skilled craft trades; Plumber, Carpenter, Painter, Welder, HVAC, Electrical, Locksmith.
- Skill in utilizing all hand/power-operated equipment found in a modern groundskeeping facility including tractors, front/backhoe equipment, jackhammers, and power-operated pumps.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and school staff.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 9 on the Support Staff Salary Schedule.
Job Contact Information
|Title||M & O Coordinator|
Friday, October 21, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $17.24 to $18.72/hour
<input type='hidden' id='descHeader'><div id='JobDescriptionInfo'><p><strong>Salary placement (Grade 9)= $17.24 to $18.72
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4958