Master Teacher- Whittier Elementary
Salary placement range: $43,260.00 to $62,121.00
Statement of Purpose: The Master Teacher serves as the instructional leader of teams of educators in multiple classrooms, ensuring that all students achieve academic success. Using and modeling an equity lens, the Master Teacher achieves collective efficacy and enduring impact on teaching teams by establishing roles and goals for team members, supporting that team towards achieving academic goals, and consistently using data to support decision-making processes that lead to strong learning outcomes. The Master Teacher leads teams of educators using proven methods and selective new ideas and innovations that will improve learning. Fully accountable for the learning of all students taught by team members, the Master Teacher works closely with the School Administration and District Curriculum and Instruction Department to ensure quality teaching and learning throughout the school.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead student needs analysis, planning, and preparation processes for teams of teachers, including establishing high expectations of achievement for high-priority areas that are ambitious and measurable for all students taught by team.
- Provide coaching and modeling for effective student needs analysis, standards implementation, and lesson design.
- Coach and support teachers, associate teachers, and instructional assistants towards achieving significant academic outcomes for all students on their team.
- Lead team in backward planning to align all lessons, activities, and assessments; design instruction that is aligned to instructional frameworks and that is enriched (developing higher-order thinking skills) and personalized (reflecting learning levels and interests of individual students); design assessments that accurately assess student progress, and use data from formative and district assessments to plan for small group and individualized instruction.
- Serve as a model for exemplary teaching, planning, and differentiating instruction for their team as they support students who most need excellent instruction.
- Co-plan and co-teach with educators on team to develop teacher capacity and improve learning.
- Establish methods and create tools and materials that team teacher uses in all classrooms and that clarifies content and teaching processes.
- Create schedules for how students spend instructional time based on instructional skills and content knowledge of teachers, associate teachers, and instructional assistants.
- Collect and analyze teacher and student data to differentiate support for the team.
- In collaboration with the Curriculum and Instruction department and school leadership teams, influence school-wide data-based decision-making and professional learning focused on increasing student achievement of all learners in various sub-groups.
- Collaborate with the Principal and Instructional Enrichment Intervention Specialist to ensure effective instruction and demonstrable learning across the school.
- In collaboration with the Curriculum and Instruction department and school leadership teams, design and facilitate professional learning for the team.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and planning, including 2, 3-day institutes and monthly master teacher sessions which may occur outside of regular contract hours.
- Serve in role for twenty (20) additional days to the certified teacher calendar.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
THIS POSITION IS ALSO ELIGIBLE FOR A $10,000.00 STIPEND.
Job Contact Information
Monday, May 1, 2023 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5169