MECHANIC- GENERAL MAINTENANCE III
Salary placement= $21.08 to $22.89 per hour
This position requires an individual to manage and provide mechanical service and repair to the fleet of district vehicles, trucks, and buses. The individual must be able to schedule all services and tasks in compliance with federal, state the district requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Troubleshoots defective equipment and repair/replace as needed.
- Implements a complete preventative maintenance/obsolescence program with accurate record-keeping for all units.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, and recommendations.
- Troubleshoots conventional and electronically-controlled engines, diesel powerplants, and power trains.
- Generates and writes specifications for buses, trucks, and automobiles in accordance with district and state bid requirements.
- Complies with EPA, OSHA, and ADOT inspections and requirements.
- Coordinates with state officials annual emission and licensing inspections.
- Assists as a district liaison with insurance and local authorities when accidents occur.
- Schedules parts, service, and purchases with outside vendors.
- Operates and performs tasks using modern mechanical testing and maintenance equipment.
- Attends workshops and seminars for self-improvement in the trade.
- Communicates with outside vendors, bureaus, and sales and district personnel.
- Maintains and organizes the district bus yard and garage area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience at journeyman level in the service and repair of automobiles, trucks, and buses.
- ASE certification in automobile and heavy-duty truck categories with a minimum of the following:
Four certificates in "A"; or capable of obtaining such certification within a one-year period.
Three certificates in "T"; or capable of obtaining such certification within a one-year period.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a commercial driver’s license (CDL), passenger endorsement, first aid certification, CPR certification, and other appropriate certificates and/or endorsements.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following:
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in management of schedules, records, bureau compliance, shop operation, and communication.
- Skill in diagnosing unit electrical systems and powerplants electronic controls, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Knowledge of conventional and electronically-controlled gas engines, diesel powerplants, light, and heavy-duty power trains and chassis, accessory and air conditioning equipment, electrical systems, and electronic controls.
- Ability to utilize all tools and equipment found in a modern auto/truck repair facility.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 13 on the Support Staff Non-exempt salary schedule. This is a full-time position with benefits. To learn more about our generous benefits package please visit https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE CERTIFIED AS A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER AND MAY DRIVE AS NEEDED.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Armando Cuellar or Ryan Statom|
Friday, October 21, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4959