This position will require an individual to provide mechanical service and repair to the fleet of district vans, trucks, buses, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Ability to perform various types of service on all vehicles, including general and specific maintenance operations assigned by the Lead Mechanic.
- Provides assistance in all phases of chassis and body servicing.
- Operates various automotive testing and maintenance equipment.
- Adjusts, repairs, and cleans mechanics and grounds tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Driving duties as assigned (includes school bus routes, test-driving and parts pick up).
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two-(2) years’ experience in performing repairs and maintenance on various types of vehicles, buses trucks and other motorized equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic operations, tools and methods used in vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- General vehicle maintenance ability.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others is essential.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Passenger Endorsement, First Aid Certification, CPR Certification and other appropriate certificates and/or endorsements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments, school personnel, other transportation staff and contacts outside of the district.
- Skill in basic maintenance and repair tasks.
- Able to secure work area.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques, basic operations and vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods used in the vehicle repair industry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in the specified time limits.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten material, typed material, and numbers and letters stamped in equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will be expected to work both indoors and outdoors, inside vehicles, on ladders and at times, on or near roadways. The employee will be working with hazardous materials and dangerous equipment in and around the vehicle maintenance shop.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 11 on the Support Staff Non-exempt salary schedule. The placement range is $16.28 to $17.94, depending on experience. This is a full-time 12-month position and eligible for benefits.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Armando Cuellar or Ryan Statom|
Wednesday, May 11, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)