Purchasing and Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is primarily responsible for facilitating procurement and all related procedures and compliance. This position provides clerical/technical support to the Business Manager in the area of Accounts Payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Becomes familiar with all budgets and process purchase requests following the procedures and guidelines that are provided.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Assists in the writing and advertising of bids, vendor-sourcing.
- Checks each purchase request for correct coding and available funds prior to release for purchase.
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance, negotiates price and delivery.
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Makes certain that purchasing documents are properly completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that verbal/written quotes are obtained when necessary.
- Assures that department records are maintained and that purchases are followed up or expedited when required.
- Arranges for bidding process to include opening and prepare compilation sheets for presentation to the Governing Board as prescribed by statutes and policy.
- Maintains all files pertaining to the purchasing process.
- Prepares and posts accounting documents such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts and related operating reports.
- Posts disbursements information to appropriate ledgers or journals.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent to Accounts Payable. Maintains vendor records and accurate files for reference of the account activity.
- Performs with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years course work and/or experience with purchasing and/or accounts payable.
- Skill in communicating in verbal and written form.
- Knowledge of Arizona Procurement Code and USFR Purchasing Guidelines.
- Ability to prepare specifications and contracts for a large diversity of items.
- Ability to follow and to motivate others to follow standard purchasing procedures and practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to performs a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy to make mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance (ability to operate a calculator by touch).
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a harmonious and effective manner.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationships skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. Such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 24, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)