Reach Associate- Opportunity Culture
This position is eligible for a $3000.00 stipend.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision of a Multi-Classroom Leader and school leadership, a Reach Associate assists a teaching team with duties including, but not limited to, leading supplemental instruction that includes digital learning, if available, independently monitoring and supervising students to provide a safe learning environment, ensuring that students stay on task, and frequently collaborating and communicating with the team to monitor and address student progress and development
- Instructs individual students or groups of students in curricular areas as guided by the team. Plans and collaborates with the team to devise special strategies, including the use of digital learning or technology, as appropriate, for reinforcing skills and concepts based on the understanding of individual students and their needs, interests and abilities.
- Assesses student learning progress in the group utilizing technology and digital learning tools, as appropriate, and communicates results and recommendations to the team.
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of district and state assessments
- Assists in administrative paperwork, including, but not limited to, checking materials and portfolios, correcting papers, supervising, and testing as directed.
- Attends professional development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work and make decisions effectively and independently with minimal supervision, enabling the team to meet student achievement targets
- Knowledge of subject(s) being taught
- Knowledge of digital learning programs, strategies for troubleshooting, and online data reporting may be required for certain assignments
- Skilled at soliciting and receiving feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all school personnel
- Ability to deliver and manage varying student group sizes including effective small group instruction, if assigned
- Ability to meet the required targets in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) OR two years of higher education equivalent to 60 credit hours with a grade of “C” or better preferred.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Technology proficiency, including knowledge of digital learning
ANTICIPATED INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Screening process: candidate provides writing sample, participate in a screening phone call
- Participate in a simulation of delivering a teacher’s prepared lesson; troubleshoot a technology issue.
- Participate in a Behavior Event Interview.
- Participate in an interview with school principal.
Principal with input from site based Multi-Classroom Leader (MCL) or Expanded Impact Teacher (EIT)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, squat, stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)