Social Worker- Magnet Traditional School
Spanish bilingual preferred.
For more information about our district and our generous benefits package please visit our website at www.phxschools.org.
The School Social Worker will be responsible for substantially and effectively assisting the principal/director in the task of ensuring coordination of all school social work programs and services. Duties will include coordinating all school site activities and programs pertaining to social work services. The School Social Worker cooperatively plans, implements, administers, and monitors school social work programs, and services. This person will provide training and inservice, resources, and support to school staff, parents, and students to ensure that all students are provided with an appropriate educational experience.
Supervised by the Principal in collaboration with Director of Special Education.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited graduate school of social work.
- 3 years experience in school social work (preferred)
- Possess broad knowledge regarding child development, learning and family systems.
- LCSW preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement school social work programs such as counseling, case management, crisis intervention, community outreach and involvement, and student/family advocacy.
- Work effectively with other professional disciplines in the schools and community agencies.
- Knowledgeable regarding community resources and referral procedures.
- Knowledgeable of district programs.
- Monitor completion of social history of referred students in the computerized special education software.
- Facilitate social and development histories for students in need of academic, behavioral, and social emotional support.
- Coordinate services for critical/crisis situations at schools.
- Confer effectively with appropriate school personnel, parents, and community agencies.
- Integral member of the threat management and RTI team.
- LCSW will bill for Medicaid.
- Keep current in the professional literature on school social work.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district trainings needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities.
- Maintain communications and all necessary records relative to program operations.
- Attend monthly meeting with school social workers to ensure effective departmental operations.
- Coordinate school inservice, as needed, to parents and community groups.
- Assess the need for new programs and services at school sites.
- Attend to additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Job Contact Information
Friday, February 5, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)