Student and Assessment Data Specialist
The Student and Assessment Data Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and validation of District-wide data related to student information in order to ensure compliance. This includes maintaining and verifying student information in multiple software applications such as the District's student information software, the ADE's AzEDS program, and any additional software applications required to ensure accurate student information. This will include working with data types such as, Special Education, English Language Learner, and District and State assessments. The Student and Assessment Data Specialist will attend required trainings, train other staff members and will run district queries, coordinate programming needs and will work to resolve Synergy/AzEDS issues as well as creating reports and queries in Access.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends Edupoint & ADE trainings to represent department and bring back information
- Assists with or does training for Office Staff, Special Education teachers & ELL leads as needed
- Takes the Lead on any data entry issues and audits the data prior to distributing it to staff
- Works with programmer to create queries and reports that make data entry more efficient
- Runs reports for the entire district that monitor student data in the student information software and in the ADE’s AzEDS program.
- Monitors Validation reports for the entire district from the student information software, ADE Response File Error reports, ADE Student Integrity reports, ADE ELL and SPED reports, and ensures that data errors are corrected in a timely manner.
- Validates student needs data for entire district in all software applications required to maintain and process such information.
- Confirms all student ELL testing results for the entire district are entered into AzEDS and runs queries to validate that those scores have been entered into the student information software.
- Runs AzEDS reports for entire district and compares them to Synergy, breaks queries apart for individual schools
- Isolates errors and provides solutions related to student needs in the Student Information software and the ADE’s AzEDS program.
- Performs error checking processes on all related student data and assists school office staff with validation reports and corrections. Location specific assignments will be made based on the dynamically changing state of the District’s student data.
- Works with all persons responsible for testing and evaluating students placed in Needs programs, such as ELL, and SPED
- Enters Attendance for Long Term Suspension students attending out-source placement and verifies minutes for Homebound students
- Assists with District and State Assessments as needed
- Other duties as directed
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED
· Microsoft Access and Excel experience
· Experience dealing with ELL and SPED data
· Experience with ADE website, Common Logon areas
· Experience and knowledge in working with Arizona Department of Education Student Records reporting.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience working in a Microsoft applications environment preferred. (Ex: Word, Excel, and Access)
- 5 years’ experience working with Student Management Software (AzEDS and/or Genesis/Synergy) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
Job Contact Information
Monday, August 24, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)