Student Data Specialist
The Student Data Specialist remotely audits student data and provides regular reports that show the status of information entered into the student management application and information uploaded to the Arizona Department of Education – ADE.
Maintains other student data programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be able to audit and validate student data using validation and error reports from the student data management application – Synergy and the Arizona Department of Education – ADE.
- Become well versed with common Student Information and SAIS problem inquiries and be able to provide immediate solutions.
- Maintain student data and ADE compliance status reports used to provide district administrators with key information related to student information.
- Maintain working relationship with school office staff and provide support for programs which monitor the status of student data in the District.
- Research, resolve, and respond to incoming software support questions in a timely manner.
- Develop student data status / validation reports that demonstrate school site and departmental compliance with District and ADE policies.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent degree required.
- 2-3 years experience working in a Microsoft applications environment (ex: Word, Excel, Access, SQL).
- 2-3 years high level experience with a major student data management application.
- Experience with Synergy and Synergy SE preferred.
- Experience with help desk or software support.
- Experience with ADE website, Common Logon areas.
- Experience and knowledge in working with Arizona Department of Education Student Records reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 15 on the non-exempt support staff salary schedule. Placement is between $20.12 and $22.15, depending on experience.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of MIS|
Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)