WAREHOUSE CLERK/DRIVER/COURIER- LEAD
This position involves performing a variety of complex secretarial/warehouse tasks, involving typing, filing and related office/warehouse duties, and other work as required and directed in an office/warehouse setting. Must be disciplined and diligent; good/positive public contact experience, ability to work under pressure (meeting deadlines).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Maintains attendance records.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Types letters, reports, purchase orders, forms, lists, and other material from copy, draft and machine recordings.
- Proofreads typed material for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Orders supplies and materials.
- Sorts, alphabetizes, files, and retrieves material from files.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Greets visitors, answers telephone, transfers calls to appropriate person, records messages and provides routine information.
- Assists with data input and research.
- Establishes effective office procedures that enhance efficiency of the office.
- Performs clerical duties for Supervisor as required.
- Prepares accurate written communications, including letters, newsletters, and notices.
- Accurately prepares reports from raw data, which includes generating charts and graphs on the computer.
- Keep accurate records of expenditures for department.
- Receive all Warehouse product inventory from vendor.
- Enter all Warehouse product inventory into Visions.
- Manage Warehouse module of Visions.
- Create and maintain purchase orders for Warehouse inventory.
- Assist with truckload deliveries as needed.
- Assist with warehouse physical inventory.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of Warehouse area inside and out.
- Apply laws and principles of safe work environment and accident prevention.
- Comply with all energy conservation principles.
- Coordinates work schedules of warehouse personnel with supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience in general clerical work preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- School district experience preferred.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, etc..
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Uses Hydraulic jack, forklift, and hand truck.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to type at a speed of 60 wpm from clear copy.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Effective telephone technique.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties, to include all other employees, and general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with Software, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of department organization, methods, standards, and practices and standard business practices/methods and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality, and possesses unquestionable integrity.
- Can prioritize multiple tasks, work under stress, meet deadlines and take direction.
- Can work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain efficient filing system.
- Ability to perform general operations, which require the exercise of judgment, based upon knowledge gained through experience.
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating warehouse-handling equipment (i.e. hydraulic jack, forklift, hand truck, etc.) efficiently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 11 on the Support Staff Non-Exempt Work Schedule
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)