This position will require the ability to receive, process and deliver mail, food, supplies, materials and equipment of the district from the warehouse to schools/sites and any district function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending
district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection daily and record results.
- Maintain pre-trip and mileage records daily.
- Maintain a clean vehicle at all times.
- Adhere to all safety rules, regulations, district policies and state laws pertaining to the operation of district vehicles.
- Move, stock, lift and stack materials, supplies and equipment for schools/sites daily.
- Deliver and pick up food and supplies to schools/sites daily.
- Deliver district mail to assigned schools/sites.
- Process all district mail, incoming and out-going.
- Go to post office
- Deliver Board packets and other items requested.
- Deliver mail to the County Offices and pick up checks/mail for district.
- Help Warehouse Supervisor with truckload deliveries as requested.
- Assist with warehouse physical inventory.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of warehouse area inside and out.
- Deliver and pick up furniture/equipment and supplies scheduled for transfer to and from all district sites.
- Apply laws and principles of safe work environment and accident prevention.
- Comply with all energy conservation principles.
- Operate the Child Nutrition Warehouse, maintain delivery and pick up food/supplies to all school/sites daily.
- Communicate and follow policies and procedures for receipt of food and supplies, including record keeping.
- Process daily warehouse material and supply requests from schools.
- Help rotate stock using First In First Out (FIFO) procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year minimum experience in warehousing and inventory control or equivalent.
- Must have a valid current Arizona Drivers License.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses and successfully uses the following skills:
- Must have the ability for heavy lifting.
- Ability to operate P.C. or main computers.
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating warehouse-handling equipment (i.e., hydraulic jack, forklift, hand truck, etc.) efficiently.
Uses Hydraulic jack, forklift, hand truck.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 10 on the Support Staff Non-Exempt Salary Schedule.
Job Contact Information
Friday, April 23, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)