Grounds Worker I
Salary placement (grade 7)= $15.69 to $16.98 per hour.
This position requires the ability to perform a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance of grounds of District property. Mows and cares for lawn; maintains equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Rakes and cleans outdoor areas.
- Waters lawns, plants, and trees utilizing sprinkler and irrigation systems.
- Applies fertilizing material to lawns, plants, trees, and shrubs outdoors.
- Manually picks up debris for disposal.
- Pulls and cuts weeds.
- Mows grass on lawns and other outdoor areas.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Operates in a safe manner: heavy equipment such as backhoe, tractor, skip loader, etc.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be capable of operating large lawn service equipment, backhoe, skip loader tractor, etc.
- Knowledge of methods used in planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs, flowers, and turf.
- Ability to follow oral instructions and work cooperatively with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the use of landscaping tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of grounds, maintenance, and daily maintenance of equipment used.
- Skill in utilizing all hand/power-operated equipment found in a modern grounds-keeping facility including tractors, front/backhoe equipment, jackhammers, and power-operated pumps.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious, working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Basic computer skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position requires extensive outside work during extreme temperatures.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 7 on the Support Staff Salary Schedule- $15.69 to $16.98, depending on experience.
This is a full-time 12 month postion- 8 hours per day. This position is eligible for benefits.
Job Contact Information
|Title||M & O Coordinator|
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $15.69 to $16.98/hour
1)">This position is a grade 7 on the Support Staff Salary Schedule- $15.69 to $16.98
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5184