Principal- Emerson Elementary School
This vacancy will close at 5:00 pm on May 21, 2019.
Salary placement= $80944.00 to $100,820.00, depending on experience.
Please attach a minimum of three letters of recommendation to your application (upload as one file).
To view a sample of the LdOI please visit:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Elementary School Principal serves as the site instructional leader and is responsible for the total operation of the school including the administration and supervision of all phases of the instructional program and management of the facility. The Elementary School Principal shall provide leadership, administrative, and supervisory skills for the educational development of students as well as to promote parent and community involvement.
The Principal is responsible for the direct supervision of the staff assigned to his/her school.
The Principal is directly responsible to the Superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Principal shall possess the following qualifications and/or experience:
A Master's Degree with specialization in education, administration, or related fields. Additional graduate study beyond the degree is highly desirable.
Three years of elementary teaching experience. Experience with inner city and/or minority youth required.
Appropriate Arizona Principal's Certification.
Previous experience as a principal desired.
Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and interpretations regarding education and student and staff due process.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other administrators, employees, citizens, and community members.
Experience in Conflict Resolution.
Experience in implementing the principles and current trends in elementary education, curriculum, staff development, essential elements of instruction and clinical supervision.
Personal qualities associated with good human and interpersonal relations.
Qualities in shared decision making skills.
Ability to lead staff toward instructional improvement and conduct staff development sessions.
Ability to establish a team concept and site councils.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Elementary School Principal shall:
Coordinate and supervise all activities and programs conducted at the building level.
Evaluate the implementation of programs within the building and provide in-service as needed.
Evaluate the performance of all staff and provide opportunity for improvement or take other steps as necessary.
Maintain responsibility for maintenance and proper utilization of facilities.
Be responsible for the overall achievement, welfare and conduct of students within the building.
Possess personal qualities associated with excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other administrators, employees, parents and members of the community.
Ability to promote and maintain strong parental and community involvement.
- Organization and Administration
- Show knowledge of and follow District Policies and Procedures.
- Work cooperatively with teachers, supervisory and related administrative personnel.
- Demonstrate long-range planning.
- Submit accurate reports on a timely basis.
- Assume responsibility for all staff members assigned to work in building and all programs implemented therein, delegating responsibility and authority as appropriate.
- Organize all staff and student schedules for the best interest of the students.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of all District, State, and federal programs in own building.
- Keep updated on District guidelines and communicate policy as needed to the community.
- Have an active parent organization with meetings for functions during the year set up by the parent organization and invite parents formally to school at least once a year.
- Keep the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction or his/her designees informed regarding the educational programs, activities, and needs.
- Disseminate school-wide newsletters and/or newspapers during the school year.
- Annually disseminate guidelines on attendance, curriculum, and discipline to both parents and staff.
- Coordinate Parent/Teacher conference activities to ensure maximum participation.
- Provide appropriate staff development in-service as needed.
- Evaluate the work performance and write performance reports on all staff members assigned within the administrative unit or building according to District procedures or as directed by the Superintendent or his/her assistant.
- Fulfill professional responsibility of serving on District committees as needed.
- Provide opportunity for staff social interaction to build rapport and morale.
- Establish procedure for orienting new employees.
- Be responsible for the health and welfare of the children within the school environment.
- Provide procedure for screening and approval of visitors to the school.
- Assume responsibility for efforts to improve student achievement.
- Maintain appropriate student records following proper procedures and insure privacy of records.
- Will oversee the conduct of students and follow through on disciplinary actions as per policy/procedures.
- Review and coordinate student activities at building level.
- Be responsible for the classification, promotion or retention of students within the framework of District policy/procedures.
- Be current in knowledge of curriculum development.
- Assume responsibility for appropriate placement and instruction (grade level and special programs).
- Assume responsibility for assisting in the development of the curriculum and in planning and adapting the courses of study to the needs and interests of the children.
- Review and assess staff utilization and make appropriate changes to strengthen programs for students.
- Auxiliary Services
- Oversee management of food services.
- Supervise custodial and maintenance services.
- Oversee health care services.
- Coordinate requests for student transportations.
- Supervise inventory and maintenance of District property within administrative unit or building.
- Insure the security of building and grounds.
- Be responsible for student activity funds and other delegated fiscal responsibilities.
- Be responsible for assessment of building needs and development of budget requests.
- Be accountable for his/her physical, emotional health and ethical behavior as it applies to District job responsibilities.
- Develop continued professional growth as evidenced by continuing educational classes, professional conferences, visitations and by maintaining current knowledge of professional literature.
- Participate in school and District functions.
- Take interest in local, State, and national professional organizations to promote professional improvement and render greater services.
All applicants will be required to complete an EPI (online assessment of the skills you would be bringing to the district) and a digital interview. You will be provided the links to these portions of the application process shortly after submitting your application.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Human Resources|
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:00 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)