The Website Specialist is responsible for communicating with district stakeholders through a positive online presence. This person develops and maintains all aspects of the District and schools’ websites. In addition, this position assists the Director of Marketing Communications with special projects, graphic design, photography/video work, and internal/external communications aligned to Phoenix #1’s Strategic and Equity Plans, using best practices in marketing and communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and maintains district, school, and department websites and ensures ADA compliance of all posts and sites.
- Develops content and ensures district and school websites are up to date with current information.
- Collaborates with other departments and schools to capture quality photo and video opportunities as well as news items for website, newsletters, and other communication.
- Creates and publishes original, high-quality content for digital, and print marketing materials.
- Assists with photography and videography of district and school programs and events.
- Writes for a variety of audiences and purposes including newsletters, websites, marketing materials, news releases, and other print materials.
- Assists in developing and implementing strategic districtwide marketing campaigns.
- Reviews, edits, and ensures accuracy of all content
- Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two or more years of experience in Web content management
- Experience with marketing and graphic design
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, or related field
- Fluent in Spanish, written and verbal
- Two or more years of school district experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Website development/design, ADA Compliance, analytics and reporting features, content management systems, current technology, and project management
- Up-to-date innovations and best practices in technology and digital communications platforms
- Using critical thinking skills to take initiative and solve problems
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a diverse audience
- Writing for web-based platforms
- Managing multiple projects and timelines
- Creating graphics adhering to district branding guidelines
- Work collaboratively with others and independently to meet deadlines
- Make recommendations to improve marketing efforts
- Display exemplary customer service to internal and external publics
- Listen well and communicate effectively with all stakeholders, while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Attention to Detail
- Initiative and Persistence
- Cultural Engagement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission of offering all students an excellent and equitable education. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage
you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that. Every member of our Phoenix #1 family—from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of
our students every day. We also drive forward the goals of ensuring equity and excellence for all students. It’s not just our work; it is our passion! We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in
1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Our 15 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
- We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
- We have a district-wide Equity Commitment, Statement and Plan.
- We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
- We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
- We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject
to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
Friday, June 25, 2021 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)